Dementia and Psoriasis: Is There a Link?
- Wotton CJ, Goldacre MJ. Associations between specific autoimmune diseases and subsequent dementia: retrospective record-linkage cohort study, UK. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2017;71:576-583.
- Colgecen E, Celikbilek A, Keskin DT. Cognitive impairment in patients with psoriasis: a cross-sectional study using the Montreal Cognitive Assessment. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2016;17:413-419.
- Gisondi P, Sala F, Alessandrini F, et al. Mild cognitive impairment in patients with moderate to severe chronic plaque psoriasis. Dermatology. 2014;228:78-85.
- Walsh N. Medpage Today. Dementia risk up with autoimmunity. Risk for patients with autoimmune diseases was 20% higher than for controls. https://www.medpagetoday.com/rheumatology/generalrheumatology/63498. Accessed November 5, 2018.
- Pezzolo E, Mutlu U, Vernooij MW, et al. Psoriasis is not associated with cognition, brain imaging markers and risk of dementia: the Rotterdam Study. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2018. [Epub ahead of print].
- Lehotzky B. Medpage Today. Psoraisis not linked to higher dementia risk. https://www.medpagetoday.com/resource-centers/contemporary-approaches-psoriasis/psoriasis-not-linked-higher-dementia-risk/2202. Accessed November 5, 2018.