Can Using a Sauna Help Psoriasis?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The PlaquePsoriasis.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Mayo Clinic. Psoriais. Overview. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/psoriasis/symptoms-causes/syc-20355840. Accessed November 12, 2018.
- National Psoriasis Foundation. Frequently asked questions: psoriasis in spring, summer, fall and winter. https://www.psoriasis.org/about-psoriasis/faqs/weather. Accessed November 12, 2018.
- Balato, N., Di Costanzo, L., Patruno, C., Patrì, A., & Ayala, F. (2013). Effect of weather and environmental factors on the clinical course of psoriasis. Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 70(8), 600. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/oemed-2013-101505.
- Hussain J, Cohen M. Clinical effects of regular dry sauna bathing: a systematic review. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. Published online 2018 Apr 24. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5941775/. Accessed November 12, 2018.
- Hannuksela ML, Ellahham S. Benefits and risks of sauna bathing. Am J Med. 2001;110(2):118026.
- Harvard Health Publishing. Harvard Medical School. Sauna health benefits: are saunas healthy or harmful? https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/saunas-and-your-health. Accessed November 12, 2018.
- Livestrong.com. Merrit C. Sauna vs. steam room. https://www.livestrong.com/article/153808-sauna-vs-steam-room/. Accessed November 12, 2018.