Tell us about your symptoms and treatment experience. Take our survey here.

caret icon Back to all discussions

2016 - A Year in Review

It's hard to believe that the year is coming to an end - and another year of challenges, frustrations, wins and #fail are almost behind us.

Looking back over the year, whether you are newly diagnosed or a "pro" with psoriasis, how would you describe 2016?
Has 2016 been an especially difficult year or have things gotten better for you? Or, what has been your worst symptom during 2016? OR What symptom has improved the most for you over the course of 2016?

Share your thoughts below - we'll be compiling everyone's responses for a feature story on the site!

1. This year has been a bit difficult disease wise. My biologic has failed and now I'm on the quest of finding another medicine that will work for me! Despite my current disappointment I'm hopeful for the future.

1. My guttate psoriasis has stayed pretty consistent this year, I'm still riding out the relief from phototherapy. Now that the cold, dry weather is here my skin is getting cranky, but that's nothing new 😀 I get a little cranky when it's cold too, so I can relate. Itching ranks as my worst symptom! On the upside, in early 2016 the company that makes my favourite moisturizer upgraded to a 2L tub option. Shhhh, just take my money.

1. It's been a lousy year of symptoms for me. 🙁 I'll be glad to say good riddance to 2016. Looking forward to a new year.

1. I'm so sorry to hear that MargeA....keeping fingers crossed that 2017 has better things ahead for you.

2. 2016 has been a funny one for me. I started the year very concerned about acne - spending all my energy and time thinking about and trying to control that, and not really even considering my psoriasis. I think because I have had psoriasis for my whole life, the acne seemed like a bigger problem as it had just popped up out of nowhere (at 29 years old too!!). I then went on a fairly strong medication in May which cleared the acne up but really aggravated my psoriasis. I am now dealing with the consequences of that. My psoriasis is quite angry but it's nothing I can't handle currently. Just trying to get used to picking flakes out of my hair again ! I am hoping it will calm down in 2017 😀

Sending everyone here a big hug!

Please read our rules before posting.