Tell us about your symptoms and treatment experience. Take our survey here.

caret icon Back to all discussions

4 autoimmune diseases!

I started off 30 years ago with a diagnoses of Hashimoto and severe goiter. Fibromyalgia several years later. 18 years ago diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis. Had thymectomy, some good years and many years of being in and out of hospital for crashing from MG. Not being able to even get up and go to the bathroom alone. Have had years of problems with pain and swollen joints enlarged joints. Have had so many blood tests to see about autoimmune arthritis..always negative. Now I have pitted ridged nails, thick discolored toe nails, terrible ringing in ears, sometimes unbearable pain. Was told from MRIs my back is a big mess and now have scoliosis, spinal stenosis, and compressed discs. No tests has proven psoriatic arthritis but I have all the symptoms.
Fatigue is a big one since all of these illnesses cause that. In august 2017 i finished 2 years of IVIG treatments and it Seems like pain has gotten much worse since then. I have been on Imuran for 18 years along with prednisone, small to extreme doses for MG and too much ibuprofen and small doses of Percocet. ( too much bothers MG)
I'm going back up on omega 3 pills and oils, vitamin d3, and researching other natural help.
I get my strength from the Lord and try to always look at the blessings I do have. There are days I feel so frustrated and hopeless because of pain and fatigue..but I know MANY have it so much worse. I just want to help others find hope and joy. Our attitude makes a big difference in our lives.
Our love and caring for each other will help us all to endure until we are cured!

1. Wow you certainly have a lot on your plate, ! Your attitude is admirable. Do you have any tips for people looking to find some hope or joy in their day? We so appreciate you taking the time to share with us!

-Catherine, Community Moderator

1. Hello everyone! I hope this post finds everyone doing better.
      I know some days can be extremely difficult...on those days I close my eyes and tell myself it could be much worse and I thank God for the things I can do and all the good things and people I have in my life.
      Music is a big help for me. I am a worship leader (not at this moment but hopefully soon again) and just letting music wash over me as I soak in it soothes my body and emotions.
      We lose joy when we focus too much on our illnesses and allow them to consume us. Of course we have to be realistic...we have illnesses and pain...but we don't have to allow them to own us. I try to stay as active as I can..i love to cook and bake with my husband. I worked at a food bank serving others..love love love that. Some people just need a smile to change their day. 😊
      I also find much joy in praying for others and encouraging others to never give up on believing things can get better. I even started an online women's prayer page on Facebook so I could reach more people with hope.
      Some of us have more in life to endure..but it's through those times we can shine and be an example of hope and love.
      We are not mistakes..we are not being punished...we are not people with no faces in the crowd, we are not forgotten.
      We are SPECIAL, STRONG, DETERMINED, HOPEFUL, BEAUTIFUL, SHINING LIGHTS to shine hope for those in their dark hours.
      I encourage you all DON'T GIVE UP! Laugh when you feel like crying..dance if you can...sing as loud as you want to... (well don't run the neighbors off..lol)
      Be strength for others...and you will gain strength!
      God bless everyone!💖

2. I loved reading this, ! Thank you for your encouraging and insightful words. Music is so good for the soul, isn't it?

Hope you have a great Monday!

2. , thanks for brightening a rainy Thursday afternoon. Some days we have to create our own sunshine, right? There is so much beautiful wisdom to take away from your message. Music and art have always been powerful partners, both have the ability to stir something deep within us. I am so happy to hear that music has given you solace. I hope you are well!

1. Thanks to medialord' he help hack and access into my cheating husband social networks, icloud and much viber chats,Facebook messages and yahoo messengers, calls log and spy call recording, monitoring SMS text messages remotely, improve dept on credit cards cell phone GPS location tracking, spy on whats app messages gmail and kik... I got to know that he was cheating on me , in less than 3 hour he help me out.. contact him if you have similar issue 'hacksecrete@gmail. c o m' call and text 617-402-2260 with everything he's trust worthy and affordable' tell him i referred you.

Please read our rules before posting.