How Is Cardiovascular Disease Linked To Psoriasis?
Written by: Anna Nicholson | Last reviewed: July 2016.
- American Heart Association. What is Cardiovascular Disease? Available at http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Caregiver/Resources/WhatisCardiovascularDisease/What-is-Cardiovascular-Disease_UCM_301852_Article.jsp#.Vzt4V5MrLMU
- Coumbe AG, Pritzker MR, Duprez DA. Cardiovascular risk and psoriasis: beyond the traditional risk factors. Am J Med. 2014 Jan;127(1):12-8. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Coronary Artery Disease (CAD). Available at http://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/coronary_ad.htm
- Mayo Clinic. Stroke. Available at http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/stroke/symptoms-causes/dxc-20117265
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Heart Attack Signs and Symptoms. Available at http://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/signs_symptoms.htm
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. “What Is High Blood Pressure?” Available at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hbp/ [Accessed 16 January 2015.]
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Other Conditions Related to Heart Disease. Available at http://www.cdc.gov/heartdisease/other_conditions.htm
- National Plaque Psoriasis Foundation. Comorbidities Associated with Plaque Psoriatic Disease. Available at https://www.psoriasis.org/about-psoriasis/related-conditions
- Mayo Clinic. Psoriasis Complications. Available at http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/psoriasis/basics/complications/con-20030838
- Perez OA, English JC. Internal Medicine and Dermatology: What's New?: Psoriasis and Heart Disease. Available at http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/726756_10
- Mayo Clinic. Heart Disease: Treatments and Drugs. Available at http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/heart-disease/basics/treatment/con-20034056