What Is Protopic (Tacrolimus)?
Written by: Anna Nicholson | Last reviewed: November 2018.
- University of Maryland Medical Center. Psoriasis. Available at http://umm.edu/health/medical/reports/articles/psoriasis
- Menter A, Korman NJ, Elmets CA, Feldman SR, Gelfand JM, Gordon KB,et al. Guidelines of care for the management of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Section 3. Guidelines of care for the management and treatment of psoriasis with topical therapies. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2009 Apr;60(4):643-59.
- Medscape. Tacrolimus ointment (Rx)Protopic. Available at http://reference.medscape.com/drug/protopic-tacrolimus-ointment-topical-343551#4
- Jeffrey Meffert, MD. Psoriasis Medication. Available at http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1943419-medication#showall
- Mayo Clinic. Psoriasis Medications. Available at http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/psoriasis/basics/treatment/con-20030838
- Astellas. Protopic Prescribing Information. Available at https://astellas.us/docs/protopic.pdf American Academy of Dermatology. Psoriasis: Recommendations for topical tacrolimus and pimecrolimus. Available at https://www.aad.org/practice-tools/quality-care/clinical-guidelines/psoriasis/topical-therapy/recommendations-for-topical-tacrolimus-and-pimecrolimus