How Are Obesity And Metabolic Syndrome Linked To Psoriasis?
Written by: Anna Nicholson | Last reviewed: July 2016.
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. “What Is Metabolic Syndrome?” Available at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/ms/ [Accessed 16 January 2015.]
- Standen C, Anderson J. Metabolic syndrome. Magill’s Medical Guide (Online Edition) [serial online]. January 2013; Available from: Research Starters, Ipswich, MA. Accessed May 18, 2016.
- Mayo Clinic. Obesity. Available at http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/obesity/basics/definition/con-20014834
- National Psoriasis Foundation. Comorbidities Associated with Psoriatic Disease. Available at https://www.psoriasis.org/about-psoriasis/related-conditions
- MedlinePlus. Psoriasis Tied to Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes. Available at https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_158526.html
- Armstrong AW, Harskamp CT, Armstrong EJ. The association between psoriasis and obesity: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies. Nutrition & Diabetes. 2012;2(12):e54-. doi:10.1038/nutd.2012.26. Available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3542430/
- Stanley S Wang, MD, JD, MPH. Metabolic Syndrome. Available at http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/165124-overview
- Bremmer S, Van Voorhees AS, Hsu S, Korman NJ, Lebwohl MG, Young M, Bebo BF Jr, Blauvelt A; National Psoriasis Foundation. Obesity and psoriasis: from the Medical Board of the National Psoriasis Foundation. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010 Dec;63(6):1058-69.