Scared

I am a 78-year-old female. I was just diagnosed with elbow psoriasis. First of all I was told that older people do not get it. Now that I am facing reality, I am afraid that my elbow psoriasis will spread. I invite you to comment. Thank you.

This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The PlaquePsoriasis.com team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.

Comments

View Comments (1)
  • VickiN moderator
    4 months ago

    Hi @ljubica, welcome to the community. You’ll find yourself surrounded by lots of people who understand on these forums! We can develop psoriasis at any age, unfortunately. About 75% will be diagnosed before the age of 40, but that leaves 25% of diagnoses that happen afterward. Because you’re concerned about it worsening, I thought I would link you up with this article about triggers, if you haven’t already seen it :
    https://plaquepsoriasis.com/what-is-psoriasis/triggers-causes-flares/
    Warm wishes to you, please reach out anytime with questions!
    -Victoria, Community Moderator

  • Poll