How Is Type 2 Diabetes Linked To Psoriasis?
Written by: Anna Nicholson | Last reviewed: July 2016.
- Cleveland Clinic. Diabetes Mellitus: An Overview. Available at http://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases_conditions/hic_diabetes_basics/hic_diabetes_mellitus_an_overview
- Romesh Khardori, MD, PhD, FACP. Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Available at http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/117853-overview
- Klandorf H, Stark S. Diabetes mellitus. Magill’S Medical Guide (Online Edition) [serial online]. January 2016; Available from: Research Starters, Ipswich, MA. Accessed May 17, 2016.
- National Psoriasis Foundation. Comorbidities Associated with Plaque Psoriatic Disease. Available at https://www.psoriasis.org/about-psoriasis/related-conditions
- National Psoriasis Foundation. Severe psoriasis linked to greater risk of type 2 diabetes. Available at https://www.psoriasis.org/advance/severe-psoriasis-linked-to-greater-risk-of-type-2-diabetes
- National Psoriasis Foundation. Type 2 diabetes drug helps psoriasis, too. Available at https://www.psoriasis.org/advance/type-2-diabetes-drug-helps-psoriasis-too MedlinePlus. Psoriasis Tied to Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes. Available at https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_158526.html