caret icon Back to all discussions

How do you deal with people staring?

I'm so tired of people staring and making rude remarks. How do you deal with it?

  1. People stare at things that are out of the ordinary, it's a completely natural response. Do I catch the guy with the green mohawk out of the side of my eye? You bet I do! If you have visible skin lesions, you're going to turn heads, and likely get asked lots of bold questions by children! Try your very best to stay positive, most people are just curious... and 99% of them are good-hearted, despite what you may feel. The other 1% are actually terrible, and for them I recommend you make faces and chase them. Always remember that if you're out on a busy day, it's statistically probable that you'll run across someone else who has psoriasis, and by being courageous you are inspiring feelings of courage in them. As a side bonus, you'll usually run across someone who just absolutely KNOWS what you should do, and thank goodness! (Oh you have psoriasis? I heard you can cure that with banana peels, or didn't you know?).

    1. Thank you

    2. This still hold true to this day. We can't do anything about it.

or create an account to reply.